What is Ruby Zoisite?Zoisite is a mineral that normally forms from the metamorphism of calcium-rich igneous rocks. Zoisite is not a common mineral and the best known deposits have been found in Tanzania. Small amounts of zoisite have been produced in Pakistan and a few other locations. Zoisite has a specific gravity of about 3.3 compared to about 2.6 for most other rocks. This gives tumbled zoisite a slightly “weighty” feel when handled. Ruby in Zoisite is frequently used to make jewelry. It is commonly cut into beads or used to produce cabochons. These are frequently used to make neckaces, bracelets, rings, pendants, earrings and other items. Tumbled Ruby in Zoisite is often drilled and used to make necklaces, bracelets, pendants and other items.
The Metaphysical Powers of Ruby Zoisite:This powerful stone transmutes negativity into positive energy. It relieves lethargy and boosts physical energy. It offers stamina to the mental processes, facilitating advancements of the wearer’s goals.
Ruby Zoisite is a stabalizing crystal, it is told to slow down a racing pulse or heartbead, directing enrgy into calm and harmonious waves. This enables your body and mind to maintina their equilibrium under stress.
It is also said to be protective aginst viruses and infections, especially bacterial ones. The ruby in the zoisite will assit in soothing any inflamation.
The healing applications of Ruby Zoisite include: enhancing fertility, helping with diseases of the testicles and ovaries, neutralizing conditions associated with over-acidity, insomnia and heart problems, and increasing physical vitality.
General Information About Ruby Zoisite:
- Color: Green zoisite with inclusions of red ruby.
- Hardness: 6 – 7
- Optical Properties: Zoisite and ruby are both translucent.
- Luster: Vitreous
- Cleavage: Zoisite has perfect cleavage, Ruby has parting.
- Crystal Properties: Zoisite: Orthorhombicd, Ruby: Hexagonal.
- Specific Gravity: Zoisite: 3.1 – 3.4
- Mineral / Rock Type: A rock consisting of green zoisite and black hornblende.
- Healing Properties: None scientifically proven.
- Other Properties: Zoisite occurs in a wide range of colors but in this association with ruby it is almost always green.