What is Unakite?Unakite is an igneous rock composed mainly of pink orthoclase feldspar, yellow-green epidote, quartz and minor amounts of other minerals. It is a granite of unusual color, composition and appearance. Unakite…or epidote with feldspar as it is also known, consists of a combination of deformed red jasper and green epidote solidly bound together, thus creating the beautiful pistachio and pink coloring. The splashes of soft peach against a fresh green colored background makes Unakite a much beloved and magical gemstone. The stone takes it’s name from the Greek word epidosis, meaning “growing together”, and it is these materials bound together that conveys the meaning that what comes together, belongs together.
The Metaphysical Powers of Unakite:
Carrying the gemstone as a companion stone will help you to maintain a balance between your spiritual and physical lives. Allowing them to join forces in assisting you to create the life you need.
Unakite is excellent at removing obstacles to your personal growth. Whether it is an issue from childhood or last month’s divorce that is draining your energy and holding you back. Meditations with this gemstone will aid in releasing pain and anger that you are having trouble letting go of.
Healers believe that Unakite’s ability to unleash buried emotional pain and to also aid in the body’s healing process.
Since many illness begin as an unhealed trauma to our psyche, letting go of emotions you’re clutching to aids the body’s tissue in relaxing on a cellular level. This promotes healthier organs, muscles and soft tissue.
Unakite is recommended for a safe pregnancy (as is Moonstone) and the healthy growth of the infant while in its mother’s womb. The gemstone may also be helpful in achieving targeted weight gain to specific areas of the body.
General Information About Unakite:
- Color: Green epidote and pink orthoclase.
- Hardness: Epidote: 6 – 7. Orthoclase: 6.
- Optical Properties: Translucent
- Luster: Vitreous
- Cleavage: Epidote: One direction. Orthoclase: two directions.
- Crystal Properties: Epidote: monoclinic. Orthoclase: monoclinic.
- Specific Gravity: Epidote: 3.3 – 3.6. Orthoclase: 2.5 – 2.7.
- Mineral / Rock Type: An igneous rock.
- Healing Properties: None scientifically proven.
- Other Properties: A rare mix of green and pink minerals in a single rock.